You may have missed
- How to Capture a Screenshot on Lenovo Laptop?
- How to Enable or Disable App Icon Badges on Android
- 13 Best Websites to Watch Cartoons Online
- Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working (Black Screen Issue)
- How to Delete System32 Folder in Windows?
- How to Record without Holding the Button in Snapchat?
- Fix: Windows SmartScreen Can’t Be Reached Right Now
- How to Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
vivid filters that are available exclusively for when you want to click stunning pictures and shoot creative videos. Hence, the Snapchat camera is an indispensable part of the entire application, as most of its features rely on it.
and so on. This can prove to be really frustrating while you are having a good time with your friends and want to record all the memories, or you need to send either a snap or a short video to your family and friends quickly.
. More often than not, the problem lies in fundamental issues like minor software glitches and bugs. Restarting your device or relaunching the application will suffice to get the camera back to normal in most cases. However, sometimes the user might have even tapped on some settings unintentionally, and this could cause trouble in the Snapchat camera. There are multiple ways to go about this issue without losing any data from your end or having to uninstall the application and reinstall it again. Let us see how to fix Snapchat camera not working issue.
How to fix Snapchat camera not working, black screen issue
Snapchat Camera Not Working Problem
FAQs , other common tips and tricks that can be applied in Snapchat.
Method 1: Check Camera Permissions
while granting access to the application after its installation. This will lead to the malfunctioning of the camera once you try to access it in the app later on.
1. Go to the Settings on your device.
2. Scroll down to reach the App Management section in the settings. It will be under different names for different devices. In other devices, it can be found under names like Installed Apps or Apps as well since the user interface will vary from developer to developer.
3. The list of all the applications that are downloaded to your device will display here now. Select Snapchat from this list.
4. Tap on it and scroll down to the Permissions section and tap on it. It can also be found under the name of Permission Manager, based on your device.
5. Now, you will view the list of permissions that have been enabled for Snapchat already. Check if the Camera is present on this list and turn on the toggle if it is turned off.
If this issue continues to persist, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the application. Now you will again receive a prompt asking you to give access to the Camera. Allow the application to use the camera, and you will not face hindrances anymore.
Also Read: How to Tag a Location in Snapchat
Method 2: Disable the Filters in Snapchat
by attempting to disable the filter options:
1. Launch Snapchat on your device and navigate to the home screen as usual.
2. Tap on the Profile icon that is present at the top-left corner of the screen.
3. This will open the main screen that has all the options. At the top-right of the screen, you will be able to view the Settings icon. Tap on it.
4. Now scroll down in Settings until you reach the Additional Settings tab. Under this section, you will view an option that is called ‘Manage’. Tap on it and unselect the Filters option to disable filters for the time being.
Recheck to see if the problem has been sorted out. You can open the camera and see if the Snapchat camera black screen issue still persists.
Method 3: Clear Cache Data
There is a huge possibility that issues like these that have seemingly no root source and those that do not get rectified by the most successful solutions often have basic and general software problems behind them. Let us look at the method by which we should clear cache data on Snapchat:
1. Navigate to Settings on your device.
2. Now, tap on the Apps Management option.
3. Under the list of installed applications, look for Snapchat and tap on it.
4. This will open all the major settings associated with the application. Tap on the Storage Usage option present here.
5. You will view the total storage occupation of the application along with the Cache details as well. Tap on Clear Cache to successfully clear all the cache data.
This method might work out for you in case the other methods mentioned above failed to do the job. This is a common solution that can be applied for any such software issue on your application, including the Snapchat camera black screen issue.
Method 4: Factory Reset
perform a factory reset of your entire device. Although it sounds extreme, this method can be given a shot if all the other techniques have been exhausted to no avail.
As we all know, this method completely erases all the data on your phone. Hence, it is absolutely imperative to take complete back-ups of all the data on your phone carefully.
- How To Unsend A Snap On Snapchat
- How to Do a Poll on Snapchat?
- Enable or Disable App Icon Badges on Android
- How To Change Bitmoji Selfie On Snapchat
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to. The issue will definitely get sorted out through any one of the above-mentioned methods. However, if the issue continues to persist, you can try installing the beta version of the application as another resort. More often than not, the cause behind this problem is fairly simple and is bound to get rectified quickly.