You may have missed
- How to Capture a Screenshot on Lenovo Laptop?
- How to Enable or Disable App Icon Badges on Android
- 13 Best Websites to Watch Cartoons Online
- Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working (Black Screen Issue)
- How to Delete System32 Folder in Windows?
- How to Record without Holding the Button in Snapchat?
- Fix: Windows SmartScreen Can’t Be Reached Right Now
- How to Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
Online chatting has been a popular mode of communication, especially among teenagers and young adults, for quite some time now. Almost all social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., have their own chatting interface. The basic purpose of these apps is to help users to meet new people, talk to them, become friends, and eventually build a strong community.
You can find old friends and acquaintances that you lost touch with, meet new interesting people who share similar interests, chat with them(individually or in a group), talk to them on call, and even video call them. The best part is that all these services are usually free and the only requirement is a stable internet connection.
One such popular instant messaging app is Kik. It is a community-building app that aims to bring together like-minded people. The platform hosts thousands of channels or servers known as Kik chat rooms or Kik groups where people can hang out. When you become a part of a Kik chat room, you can interact with other members of the group via text or call. The main attraction of Kik is that it allows you to stay anonymous while chatting with other people. This has drawn millions of users who loved the idea of being able to talk to like-minded strangers about shared interests without revealing any personal information.
In this article, we are going to talk about this unique and wonderful platform in detail and understand how it works. We will help you figure out how to get started and find Kik chat rooms that are relevant to you. By the end of this article, you will know how to find Kik groups and will be a part of at least one. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
How to Find the Best Kik Chat Rooms
What is Kik?
Kik is a free internet messaging app developed by the Canadian company Kik interactive. It is quite similar to apps like WhatsApp, Discord, Viber, etc. You can use the app to connect with like-minded people and interact with them via texts or calls. If you are comfortable, then you can even opt for video calls. This way you can come face to face and make acquaintance with people from different parts of the world.
Its simple interface, advanced chat room features, built-in browser, etc., make Kik an extremely popular app. You would be surprised to know that the app has been around for almost a decade and has over 300 million active users.
As mentioned earlier, one of the main reasons behind its success is that it allows users to maintain anonymity. This means that you can interact with strangers without worrying about your privacy. Another interesting factoid about Kik is that about 40% of its users are teenagers. Although you can still find people above the age of 30 on Kik, the majority are under the age of 18. In fact, the legal age to use Kik is just 13, so you need to be a little careful while chatting as there might be underage kids in the same group. As a result, Kik keeps reminding users to keep the messages PG-13 and follow community standards.
What are Kik chat rooms?
Before we learn how to find Kik chat rooms, we need to understand how they work. Now a Kik chat room or a Kik group is basically a channel or server where members can interact with each other. To put it simply, it a closed group of users where members can chat with each other. The messages sent in a chat room aren’t visible to anyone else apart from the members. Usually, these chat rooms comprise people who share similar interests like a popular TV show, book, movies, comic universe, or even support the same football team.
Each of these groups is owned by a founder or admin who started the group in the first place. Earlier on, all these groups were private, and you could be a part of the group only if the admin added to the group. Unlike Discord, you couldn’t just type in the hash for a server and join in. However, this has changed after the latest update, which introduced public chat rooms. Kik now has a hunt feature that allows you to search for public chat rooms that you can join. Let’s discuss this in detail in the next section.
Also read: How to Download Videos from Discord
2 Ways to Find Best Kik Chat Rooms
There are a couple of ways to find Kik chat rooms. You can either use the built-in search and explore feature of Kik or search online for famous chat rooms and groups. In this section, we will be discussing both methods in detail.
One thing that you need to remember is that all these chat rooms can disappear at any moment if the founder or admin decides to disband the group. Therefore, you should choose carefully and make sure that you are joining an active one with interesting and invested members.
Method 1: Find Kik Chat Rooms using the built-in Explore section
When you launch Kik for the first time, you won’t have any friends or contacts. All you will see is a chat from Team Kik. Now, in order to start socializing, you need to join groups, talk to people and make friends with whom you can have one on one conversation. Follow the steps given below to learn how to find Kik chat rooms.
1. The first thing that you need to do is tap on the “Explore Public Groups” button.
2. You can also tap on the Plus icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen and select the “Public Groups” option from the menu.
3. You will be greeted with a welcome message introducing you to Public groups. It also contains the reminder that you should keep the messages PG-13 and also follow the Community Standards.
4. Now, tap on the Got it button, and this will take you to the explore section of public groups.
5. As mentioned earlier, Kik group chats are forums for like-minded people who share common interests like movies, shows, books, etc. Therefore, all Kik group chats are linked with various relevant hashtags.
6. This makes it easier for new members to find the right group by searching keywords with a hashtag in front of them. For example, if you are a Game of Thrones fan, then you can search “#GameofThrones” and you will get a list of public groups where Game of Thrones is the hot topic of discussion.
7. You will already find some of the most commonly searched hashtags like DC, Marvel, Anime, Gaming, etc., already listed under the Search bar. You can directly tap on any one of them or search for a different hashtag on your own.
8. Once you search for a hashtag, Kik will show you all the groups that match your hashtag. You can choose to be a part of any one of them provided that they haven’t already maxed out their capacity (which is 50 members).
9. Simply tap on them to view the list of members and then tap on the “Join Public Group” button.
10. You will now be added to the group and can start chatting immediately. If you find the group boring or inactive, then you can leave the group by tapping on the “Leave group” button in the group settings.
Method 2: Find Kik Chat Rooms through other Websites and Online sources
The problem with the previous method is that the Explore section shows one too many options to choose from. There are so many groups that it becomes really difficult to decide which one to join. Most of the time, you just end up in a group filled with weirdos. Also, there are thousands of inactive groups that will show up in the search results, and you might end up wasting a lot of time searching for the right group.
Thankfully, people realized this problem and started creating various forums and websites with a list of active Kik groups. Social media platforms like Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr, etc., are also great sources to find the best Kik chat rooms.
which is one of the best sources to find interesting Kik groups. It has over 16,000 members comprising of all age groups. You can easily find people that share the same interest, talk to them and ask them for Kik chat room suggestions. It is an extremely active forum where new Kik groups are added every now and then. Irrespective of how unique your fandom is, you will definitely find a group that is relevant to you.
Apart from Reddit, you can also turn to Facebook. It has thousands of active groups that work dedicatedly in helping you find the right Kik chat room. Although some of them have become inactive after the introduction of public chat rooms in Kik and the return of the Search feature, you can still find a lot of active ones. Some even share links to private groups along with the Kik code, which enables you to join them just like public ones.
Kik chat rooms , and you will get some interesting leads that will help you find Kik groups. As mentioned earlier, you will get a list of several websites that host Kik chat rooms. Here, you will find Kik chat rooms that are relevant to your interests.
In addition to open public groups, you can also find a lot of private groups on social media platforms and online forums. Most of these groups are age-restricted. Some of them are for 18 and above while others cater to ages between “14-19”, “18-25, etc. You will also find Kik chat rooms that are dedicated to the older generation and require one to be over 35 years to be a part. In the case of a private group, you are required to apply for membership. If you fulfill all the criteria, the admin will provide you with the Kik code, and you will be able to join the group.
How to Create a New Kik Group
If you are unsatisfied with the search results and do not find a suitable group then you can always create a group of your own. You will be the founder and admin of this group, and you can invite your friends to join the same. This way, you no longer need to worry about your privacy. Since all the members are your friends and acquaintances, you will not have to worry about compatibility. All that you need to do is follow the steps given below to create a new Kik group. These steps will help you create a new public group on Kik.
1. Firstly, open the Kik app on your phone.
2. Now, tap on the Plus icon on the bottom right corner of the screen and then select the Public group’s option.
3. After that, tap on the Plus icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Now, you need to enter a name for this group followed by an appropriate tag. Remember this tag will allow people to search your group, so make sure that it properly indicates the subject matter or topic of discussion for this group. For example, if you want to create a group to discuss the Witcher series then add ‘Witcher’ as the tag.
5. You can also set a display picture/profile picture for the group.
6. After that, you can start adding friends and contacts to this group. Use the search bar at the bottom to look up your friends and add them to your group.
7. Once you have added everyone you wanted, tap on the Start button to create the group.
8. That’s it. You will now be the founder of a new public Kik chat room.
- How To Quickly Hack Xfinity WiFi Hotspots
- 8 Best Anonymous Android Chat Apps
- 9 Best Android Video Chat Apps (2021)
- How to Share Your Location with Friends on Android
We hope this article was helpful and you were easily able to find some of the best KIK chat rooms to join. Finding the right group of people to talk to could be challenging, especially on the internet. Kik makes this job easier for you. It hosts countless public chat rooms and groups where like-minded enthusiasts can connect with each other. All that while making sure that your privacy is protected. After all, no matter how much they appreciate your favorite TV show, they are strangers and so maintaining anonymity is always a safe practice.
We encourage you to use Kik to make new friends but please be responsible. Always follow the community guidelines and keep in mind that there might be young teenagers in the group. Also, make sure not to share personal information like bank details or even phone numbers and addresses for your own safety. We hope that you soon find your online fraternity soon and spend hours debating the fate of your favorite superhero.