You may have missed
- How to Capture a Screenshot on Lenovo Laptop?
- How to Enable or Disable App Icon Badges on Android
- 13 Best Websites to Watch Cartoons Online
- Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working (Black Screen Issue)
- How to Delete System32 Folder in Windows?
- How to Record without Holding the Button in Snapchat?
- Fix: Windows SmartScreen Can’t Be Reached Right Now
- How to Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
WhatsApp is a widely used app for Instant messaging apps worldwide. The users can easily share messages, videos, and pictures with their friends and family on WhatsApp. When someone sends you videos and images, you will be able to view them from your gallery as well. By default, WhatsApp saves all the images to your gallery, and you have the option of disabling this feature if you do not want to see these images in your gallery. However, for some users, WhatsApp images are not visible in their gallery. Therefore, to help you out, we are here with a small guide that you can follow to fix WhatsApp images not showing in Gallery.
Reasons behind WhatsApp images not showing in gallery
WhatsApp images not showing in the gallery is a common problem for Android and IOS users. This problem may occur because the media visibility setting is disabled on your phone, or you might have hidden the WhatsApp images folder from your gallery. There could be any possible reason behind this error.
How to Fix Whatsapp Images Not Showing In Gallery
Here are some ways that you can try to fix WhatsApp images not showing in the gallery.
Method 1: Enable Media Visibility on WhatsApp
There are chances that you might have disabled the media visibility feature on WhatsApp. If the media visibility is off, then you may not be able to see the WhatsApp images in your gallery. Here is how you can enable it:
For All Chats
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone and tap on the three vertical dots at the screen’s top right corner.
2. Tap on Settings. In settings, go to the Chats tab.
. Finally, turn the toggle on for ‘Media visibility.’
Once you turn on the media visibility, you can restart your phone, and you will be able to fix WhatsApp images not showing in the gallery.
For Individual chats
There are chances that the media visibility option may be off for your individual chats. Follow these steps to enable the media visibility option for individual chats on WhatsApp.
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone.
2. Open the chat for which you want to enable media visibility.
3. Now, tap at the Contact name at the top of the chatbox. Next, tap on Media visibility.
This will enable the media visibility for individual contacts on WhatsApp. Similarly, you can follow the above steps to turn on media visibility for all individual contacts.
Also Read: 3 Ways to use WhatsApp without Sim or Phone Number
Method 2: Delete “.NoMedia” File from the File explorer
, you can delete the .nomedia file in the WhatsApp directory. When you delete this file, your hidden WhatsApp images will show up in your gallery.
Google play store .
2. Tap on the Folder icon to access your storage. This option may vary from phone to phone. In this step, you have to open your device storage.
3. In your storage, locate the WhatsApp folder.
4. Tap on the Media folder. Go to WhatsApp images.
. Open the Sent folder then tap on three vertical dots at the top right.
Enable the ‘Show hidden files‘ option.
7. Finally, delete the .nomedia folder from Media>WhatsApp images>Private.
However, if this method does not fix the issue, you can try the next one.
Method 3: Move WhatsApp images to a Separate Folder
1. Open File manager on your phone.
2. Locate the WhatsApp folder from your internal storage. You can find the WhatsApp folder in your device storage.
3. In the WhatsApp folder, tap on Media. Now, open the WhatsApp images.
4. Finally, start moving the WhatsApp images by tapping the check circle next to each image and select the ‘Move‘ option at the bottom of the screen to move the images to a different folder.
You can make a separate folder in your internal storage and easily move all your WhatsApp images in this folder. When you have moved all the images, you will be able to see all the WhatsApp images in your gallery.
Also Read: How to Unblock Yourself on WhatsApp When Blocked
Method 4: Clear Cache for WhatsApp
You can try to clear the cache for WhatsApp on your phone to fix WhatsApp photos not showing in the gallery:
1. Open Settings on your phone.
2. Locate and open ‘Apps and notifications.’ This option may vary from phone to phone as some Android versions have this option as ‘Apps.’
3. Tap on Manage apps. Navigate to WhatsApp from the list of applications.
Tap on ‘Clear data‘ at the bottom. From the pop-up window, choose ‘Clear cache‘ and tap OK.
This will clear the cache for WhatsApp, and you may be able to fix the WhatsApp images not showing in the gallery issue. Don’t forget to restart your phone after you clear the cache.
Method 5: Check Google photos.
If you are using Google photos as your default gallery app, then there are chances that your WhatsApp images will show in your Google Photos app if you used the ‘delete local copy’ or the ‘free up device storage.’ Therefore, check Google photos to view your WhatsApp images.
Method 6: Update WhatsApp
You can check if there are any updates for WhatsApp to fix WhatsApp images not showing in the gallery. Sometimes, this issue may occur because you may be using an outdated version of WhatsApp, and a simple update may fix it.
Method 7: Delete and re-install WhatsApp
The last method that you can resort to is to delete WhatsApp and re-install it. However, make sure you are creating a backup for all your chats and media files to Google Drive for Android users and Icloud for IOS users. When you delete WhatsApp, you will lose all your chats, settings, files, etc. However, this is where the backup comes into place, and you will be able to get back all your chats and media files after re-installing the app on your phone.
Fix Whatsapp Images Not Showing In Gallery on iPhone
1. Turn on Save to Camera Roll on iPhone
If you an iPhone user and are facing the issue of WhatsApp images not showing in the gallery, then you have to enable the ‘save to camera roll’ option as iPhone does not automatically show the WhatsApp images in your gallery. Therefore, if you want WhatsApp images to show in your gallery, you have to enable the ‘save to camera roll’ option. Follow these steps for this method.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Settings from the bottom of the screen.
3. Now, tap on Chats.
4. Finally, turn on the toggle for the option ‘Save to Camera Roll.’
When you turn on the ‘save to camera roll’ option on your iPhone, you will be able to see the WhatsApp images in your Gallery.
Also read: Fix WhatsApp Call Not Ringing on Android
2. Allow Photos Permission on iPhone
. You can easily do this in three simple steps:
1. Open Settings.
2. Scroll down and locate WhatsApp.
3. Finally, tap on Photos and select the ‘All Photos‘ option.
Now you will be able to view all your WhatsApp images in your gallery.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why WhatsApp images are not showing in my gallery?
When you are unable to see WhatsApp images in your gallery, the following could be the possible reasons behind this problem.
- You still have to enable the ‘media visibility’ option (Android) or enable the ‘save to camera roll’ option for iPhone users on WhatsApp.
- You may be using google photos as your default gallery.
- You may be using an outdated version of WhatsApp, and you may have to update it.
These could be some possible reasons behind WhatsApp images not showing in your gallery.
How do I transfer WhatsApp photos to my gallery?
For saving WhatsApp photos to your gallery, you can enable the ‘media visibility’ option (Android) or ‘save to camera roll’ option (IOS). Moreover, you can easily follow the methods mentioned in the guide to transfer WhatsApp photos to your gallery.
- Fix WhatsApp Your Phone Date is Inaccurate Error
- 7 Ways to Fix Discord RTC Connecting No Route Error
- How to Record WhatsApp Video and Voice calls?
- How To Mute Whatsapp Calls On Android?
You can try these methods one by one and find whichever method works for you. If this guide was helful, let us know in the comments below.